- Economic futurist and visionary
- Brought same day delivery in Germany to life
- Digitally and culturally transformed the world leader in beauty
- Digitalized the travel retail customer experience and created the most comprehensive online shopping ecosystem of the travel industry
- Created Germany’s third biggest online shopping marketplace (1bn)
- Founded three internet based companies, one of them being EU leader in its market
- Logistics innovator, FMCG retail expert, digital transformation missionary and passionate digital DE-MYSTIFIER
Kai Schmidhuber can only be described as a logistics innovator, communications expert, entrepreneur par excellence, and digital strategy mastermind.
His personal mission is to demystify digital. Kai speaks plain and simple language, allowing everyone to join the discussion. As a speaker, Kai does not serve PowerPoint-karaoke and buzzword-bingo.
And KAI REALLY KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT! Why? Because Kai brings to the table over thirteen years worth of top executive working experience, combining what he has learned during disruptional projects for large multinationals with an entrepreneurial spirit. He is what is termed an ‘imagineer’, someone who has the ability to imagine the final result while those around him only see the challenges.
Kai Schmidhuber´s most recent position is Chief Digital Officer of L’Oréal Germany GROUP, being responsible for the overall company digital transformation. In addition, his work experience has seen him fulfill roles as Senior Vice President responsible for digitization strategy, UX, e-commerce, CRM, mobile applications, and the duty-free and travel retail business at Frankfort airport, one of Europe’s busiest international airports. Before that he served as Vice President at DHL Europe, being responsible for breakthrough logistics innovations in the context of e-commerce in Europe and Germany.
Kai is also a successful founder and entrepreneur, currently holding 3 companies. His biggest startup success turned out – after 10 years of professional and full-hearted management – to be european e-commerce market leader in customized fortune cookies.
Kai Schmidhuber – Speaker
Kai presents a hard-hitting, prophetic speech involving a broad array of digital perspectives he gathered during his fifteen years of professional experience serving as top senior executive in various Fortune 500 companies. He will speak about successes and fails of digital transformation projects, allowing his audience to look behind the scenes of big corporates. What is a PR story, what is real? What were the challenges to overcome when it came to organisational setup, IT development or e-commerce operations. He entertains his audiences by describing future customer experiences and expectations, focusing on monetisation, ROI, and creating customer experiences.
His keynotes focus on how digital disruption puts major players under pressure, “disrupt yourself or get disrupted”. As the world is entering the third phase of digitization where artificial intelligence will raise the bar in terms of customer experience. Customer experience is evolving from a mobile-first to an AI-first business.
What is KAI`s secret weapon and his REAL USP?
His personal mission is to demystify digital. Kai speaks plain and simple language, allowing everyone to join the discussion. Kai does not serve PowerPoint-karaoke and buzzword-bingo – he presents personal fails and experiences with pureness and authenticity – something very rare nowadays in the speaker`s industry where everything is focused on best practices, making digital transformation a “secret science”. Kai and his style of speaking and interaction is the opposite of that. That is a promise.
Kai will describe how to invest in the customer experience of the day after tomorrow, especially with focus on monetization, ROI and creating unique consumer experiences. He includes examples and fails from his previous jobs with a variety of real-life cases and new management models.
Kai’s presentations differ from other “keynotes” in that he does not thresh general phrases or bore the audience with known facts, but reports exclusively from his own experience as a manager in 4 multinational companies (Henkel, DHL, LOREAL, FRAPORT and his own start-ups). He concentrates mainly on the topics:
– Product development in digital space
– Organizational development (agile and change management)
– New technologies and whether they “work”
– Digital transformation – what it really means and what it does NOT mean
– Failure & learning in topics such as data science, IT, e-commerce and social media
Kai: “My goal is not to use buzzwords, but to make “digital transformation” tangible and understandable for everyone. From the product manager to the controller, from the marketeer to the canteen chef. I prefer to report on my own failures and share what I’ve learned in an inspiring, compelling way”.
Using his expertise in people transformation, business development, innovation, marketing, internet technology and e-commerce, in the fields such as logistics, transport, tourism, aviation, travel retail and FMCG, Kai candidly looks to demonstrate both the pitfalls in retail tech and the winning strategies he’s used across various Fortune 500 companies.
- Behind the scenes of the BIG PLAYERS: Transformation in logistics, retail, transport, tourism and FMCG – A FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE
- THE END OF DIGITAL – is the bubble bursting? How to bring reason into digitization mania.
- The world is entering the third phase of digitization where artificial intelligence will raise the bar in terms of customer experience.
- Aviation Disruption – the second wave of digitization in the aviation and travel industry is here
- Demystify everything! An insider explains the most significant digital buzzwords of our time with simple words and examples. An entertaining and interactive learning experience
- My Carreer: From Chef to CDO. 15 Years of personal and digital transformation. A truly inspiring journey.
- CIO & CDO – best practices and ugly fails of collaboration in the quest to transform traditional corporate structures and business models
- Agility. What agile development really is – and what it is not.
- How much digital can an organisation and corporate culture handle?
- How to align business transformation with people transformation – worst cases and best practices from an insider.
- My Carreer: From Chef to CDO. 15 Years of personal and digital transformation. A truly inspiring journey.
Data, Robotics, AI & Innovation
- Data Science and Machine Learning – what it can do for you and what your company needs to do first.
- How to revive brick&mortar retail stores by breeding data science with startup spirit and robotics
- From digital leadership to tech leadership – with the customer in the heart and the ROI in mind. A case study.
APPEARANCES IN 2019
- Internetworld Expo Trend Arena, Munich
- Industry 4.0 Strategytalks by CINTONA, Bonn
- Forum Unternehmertum, Munich
- HR Future Day, Munich
- Innovation Summit, Munich
- IT Strategy Days, Bensberg
- CIOBERLIN, Berlin
- Digital Bash, Hamburg
- TREND Luxury Fashion Disruption, London
- Digital Keynote at SAP, Walldorf
- Gipfelstürmersalon by Süddeutsche Zeitung and UnternehmerTUM, Munich
- IT Conference by Akademie Deutscher Medien, Munich
- Cornelsen Verlag Digital Keynote for all Employees, Berlin
- Digital Demystification in CRM by Aquilliance, Hamburg
- World Supplier Forum, Lake Constance
- Akademie Deutscher Medien E-Commerce Konferenz, Munich
- CXO Synergy Exchange, Munich
- Siemens World Mobility Forum, Berlin
- SPAR Retail Conference, Budapest
- GITEX (biggest New Tech Conference in the World), Dubai
- CXO SYNC, London
- E-Commerce Conference / Germany Academy of Media, Munich
- European Purchasing Summit by BME, Lake Constance
- Arvato Supply Chain Strategy Event, Heiligendamm
REQUEST KAI FOR YOUR EVENT
CV / Marketing Material
English Long Version: Kai Schmidhuber is a successful e-business founder, speaker and venture capitalist. Kai has top executive digital experience in four multinational corporations, including Henkel, DHL, Fraport and LOREAL (Chief Digital Officer), for which he has ignited the cross-brand digital transformation of the company, focusing on e-commerce, digital customer relationships (CRM), big data analytics and innovation for Germany. In 2019, Kai became board member of Germany’s second largest marketing organization, The Marketing Club Düsseldorf. After starting with global consumer goods manufacturer Henkel, he was responsible for its international brand strategy. After moving to Deutsche Post DHL, Kai Schmidhuber was vice president of product development for DHL’s new business, including building the third largest German online marketplace, introducing same-day delivery in Germany, and developing the delivery of parcels by drone. Prior to joining L’Oréal Deutschland, Kai Schmidhuber was Senior Vice President for the overall digitalization strategy of Fraport AG (Frankfurt Airport, among others), especially in the areas of UX, online shopping, CRM and mobile applications.
English Short Version: Kai Schmidhuber has top executive digital experience in four multinational corporations, including Henkel, DHL, Fraport and LOREAL (Chief Digital Officer). As the acting chairman of one of the largest marketing clubs in Germany, Kai Schmidhuber is also a multiple founder, consultant and a frequently booked keynote speaker. His clients include BOSCH, Die Akademie Deutscher Medien, Unternehmertum TU Munich (founded by Susanne Klatten), Bundesverband für Materialwirtschaft, Einkauf und Logistk (BME), SAP, Verbbrands (UK), CIOBerlin (USA), Cornelsen Verlag and many more.
Alternate Short Version: Kai Schmidhuber has top executive digital experience in four multinational corporations, including Henkel, DHL, Fraport and L’OREAL for which he has ignited as Chief Digital Officer the cross-brand digital transformation of the company, focusing on e-commerce, digital customer relationships, big data analytics and innovation. As the acting chairman of one of the largest marketing clubs in Germany, Kai Schmidhuber is also a multiple founder and a frequently booked keynote speaker.
One line: Digital & Innovation Expert, Founder and Top Executive in four multinational corporations.
Deutsche Langversion: Kai Schmidhuber ist Mehrfachgründer, Vortragsredner, Unternehmensberater und Venture Capitalist. Kai Schmidhuber hat Top Executive-Digitalerfahrung in vier multinationalen Konzernen gesammelt, u.a. Henkel, DHL , Fraport und LOREAL Deutschland, wo er als Chief Digital Officer die markenübergreifende digitale Transformation des Unternehmens, insbesondere mit Fokus auf E-Commerce, Incubation digitale Kundenbeziehungen (CRM) und Data Science, gestartet hat. In 2019 wurde Kai außerdem in den Vorstand der zweitgrößten Marketing-Organisation Deutschlands berufen, den Marketing Club Düsseldorf. Nach seinem Start bei dem weltweit tätigen Konsumgüterhersteller Henkel war er für dessen internationale Markenstrategie verantwortlich. Nachdem er anschließend zur Deutschen Post DHL wechselte, war Schmidhuber als Vice President Product Development für die Erschließung neuer Geschäftsfelder von DHL verantwortlich, darunter der Aufbau des heute drittgrößten deutschen Online Marktplatzes, die Einführung von Same Day-Delivery in Deutschland sowie die Entwicklung der Paketlieferung per Drohne. Vor seinem Engagement bei L’Oréal Deutschland war Kai Schmidhuber als Senior Vice President für die gesamthafte Digitalisierungsstrategie der Fraport AG (u.a. Flughafen Frankfurt) zuständig.
Deutsche Kurzversion: Kai Schmidhuber hat Top Executive-Digitalerfahrung in vier multinationalen Konzernen gesammelt, u.a. Henkel, DHL , Fraport und als Chief Digital Officer von LOREAL Deutschland. Als amtierender Vorstand einer der größten Marketing Clubs in Deutschland ist Kai Schmidhuber zudem Mehrfachgründer, Berater und viel gebuchter Vortragsredner. Zu seinen Kunden zählen u.a. BOSCH, Die Akademie Deutscher Medien, Unternehmertum der TU München (gegründet v. Susanne Klatten), Bundesverband für Materialwirtschaft, Cornelsen Verlag, Einkauf und Logistk (BME), SAP, Verbbrands (UK), CIOBerlin (USA) uvm.
Deutscher Einzeiler: Experte für Digitalisierung & Innovation, Gründer mit Executive-Erfahrung in vier multinationalen Unternehmen